Believe it or not, last week’s protein vanilla doughnuts were a pre-cursor to this recipe. How you ask? Well, the frosting on those is the same base for this chocolate “bar”.
I got the idea while watching random youtube videos. Seriously, it’s crazy when you go from a video you know to another one that looks interesting to yet another from there. The cycle is never-ending!
This chocolate bar is super duper low carb with the only carbs coming from the almonds. It was super easy to make and a great treat throughout the week when my sweet tooth acted up.
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbps granulated stevia
- 1/4 C plain almonds, roughly chopped
- Set up a double boiler and make sure that the top pot does not touch the water of the bottom pot.
- Prepare a small cookie sheet with some parchment paper.
- Turn your burner to medium heat.
- Add your coconut oil to your double boiler and let melt. Add in your cocoa powder and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in your vanilla extract and your stevia. Turn off the heat.
- Mix your almonds into the chocolate and pour onto your parchment lined cookie sheet. Make sure to spread evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes before eating, but keep it in there so it doesn't melt.