It’s no secret that doughnuts are one of my favorite foods. So, when national doughnut day rolled around, I just had to jump on the bandwagon. I made these chocolate protein doughnuts and was so pleased with them that I had to stop myself from eating all of them in one day! You’d never guess that there’s only protein powder in these. They are fluffy and airy and the perfect low-carb sub for the real thing.
I do have another, more chocolatey recipe if you prefer a deeper chocolate flavor so let me know if you’d like to see that!
For now, enjoy these scrumptious clouds of chocolate.
- 3/4 C Quest Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp pure cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 single serve container of Dannon Light and Fit greek yogurt in vanilla flavor
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C granulated stevia or sweetener of choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your doughnut pan well.
- In a large bowl combine all of your wet ingredients: yogurt, eggs, sweetener.
- Add in your dry ingredients: protein powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is incorporated. You will have a consistency that's like chocolate mousse - try not to eat it all before it goes in the oven.
- Pipe your mixture into your greased doughnut pan and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- These will be puffy when they come out of the oven, but will soon deflate so don't get too excited. They do, however, retain all of their deliciousness.