I often get asked whether or not you can taste the zucchini in these muffins. The answer is no, you cannot. You get the nutrients and moisture without the taste. In fact, if you couldn’t see the zucchini you’d think these are just chocolate chip muffins. If you want to try this as a loaf, it’s almost the same recipe, but you can find that one here.
- 6 oz all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz zucchini
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C white sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degree and line your cupcake tin with liners.
- In your stand mixer or in a large bowl, combine your oil, sugar and vanilla. Add in your egg and mix to combine. Add in zucchini and mix to incorporate.
- In another bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.
- Add your dry to your wet but leave about 2 tablespoons behind in the bowl.
- Combine your wet and dry until just incorporated. Add your chocolate chips to the remaining flour mixture and toss to coat. Add this to your mixture and incorporate until there is just no flour left.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.