Happy National Zucchini Bread day! In honor of this day I’m bringing you the recipe for…zucchini bread!
I first developed this recipe as chocolate chip zucchini muffins which are always a huge hit with everyone who tries them. However, pretty much all muffins can be adapted as a loaf or “bread” and this time, I decided to sub chopped walnuts instead of chocolate chips.
I was told by quite a few people that this bread was super delicious. I highly suggest giving this one a try – and if you do, please tag me on social media so I can see your masterpiece!
- For the bread
- 6 oz all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz zucchini
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/3 C white sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- For the Glaze
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degree and grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In your stand mixer or in a large bowl, combine your oil, sugar and vanilla. Add in your egg and mix to combine. Add in zucchini and mix to incorporate.
- In another bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.
- Add your dry to your wet but leave about 2 tablespoons behind in the bowl.
- Combine your wet and dry until just incorporated. Add your walnuts to the remaining flour mixture and toss to coat. Add this to your mixture and incorporate until there is just no flour left.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once your bread has cooled, you can make your glaze by combining your powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of water at a time. You should have a glaze that is pretty thick, but still spreadable.