I have to admit that I’ve been in a bit of a cooking dinner slump. I’ve barely been trying because I’ve been so busy with other things and then when I do try, I usually fail.
This week I decided to go back to planning out my dinner menus so that I’m not scrambling at the last minute to think up something that will be both suitable for my diet and that will satisfy the hubs as well.
Last weekend I decided to make some turkey meatloaf. I added in some veggies that I needed to use up and not only did we end up with a nutrient rich meatloaf, but it was super delicious as well!
- 2 medium carrots, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, minced
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs of your choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees
- Finely chop your onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrots. I used my food processor to do this, but you can use a knife if you prefer.
- Place everything in a large bowl and combine using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Transfer mixture to a 8x4 loaf tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.