I came across a recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen back in December. It was a low-carb, grain-free, gluten free recipe for orange cranberry scones. I had some almond flour on hand so I decided to give them a try. They were delicious! I made them over and over and decided that I needed to try different variations of these because I loved them so much.
I did tweak her recipe a little bit to modify it to fit my diet. I also changed the flavor profile for these strawberry lemonade scones.
I hope you give these a try and enjoy them! Tag me on social media if you make my version so that I can see your fantastic creation. 2 1.2
- 2 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C baking stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 C fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients and give them a quick little whisk.
- In another bowl, combine all your wet ingredients.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry and stir with a fork until a dough forms. Fold in your strawberries.
- Put your ball of dough on your prepared baking sheet and pat down until it forms a disk that is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 slices and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and separate your slices from each other. Return your pan to the oven and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.