Have you ever seen Forest Gump? Well, you know how Bubba loves shrimp? That’s how much I love shrimp too.
While I was at the grocery store two weeks ago, I noticed that frozen shrimp were Buy 1 Get 2 free so I jumped on the bargain!
I hadn’t had shrimp in so long that I didn’t know where which recipe I wanted to make first. I decided that shrimp enchilado (a spicy red sauce) would be delicious, especially since I already had some tomato paste open and ready to go in the fridge.
I served mine with salad, but you can certainly serve it with rice or even pasta.
- 12 oz to 16 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 C water
- splash of Worcestershire
- splash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers diced into strips
- Heat your olive oil in a sautee pan over medium high heat.
- Once it's hot add your peppers and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in your tomato paste, water, Worcestershire, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium low.
- When the sauce starts to reduce, add in your shrimp and cook just until opaque and pink - about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.