Sometimes inspiration strikes when you least expect it. That is how this recipe was born. I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, when it I remembered that months ago, I wrote down a few ideas for cupcakes. This was one of them. I decided to make them the following day and according to my husband, they were delicious! PB&J for the win!
- For the Cupcake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk, any kind should work
- For the Frosting:
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp grape jelly (or any flavor of your preference)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. And line a cupcake pan with liners of your choice.
- In a large bow, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add in your PB and mix until thoroughly combined.
- On low or stir mode and alternating your dry mixture and milk, add until just incorporated. Turn up the speed to medium for twenty seconds and then turn off. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the bowl making sure that everything is fully mixed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are cool to the touch, you can make your frosting.
- Whip 1 Cup very cold heavy cream in your stand mixer using the whisk attachment (you can do this with a hand held whisk also). When you have stiff peaks, add in your three tablespoons of jelly and mix for just a few seconds more. You can now decorate your cupcakes however you please!