I’d been wanting to make some easy stuffed cabbage for a while and so I finally bought the cabbage and just did it.
I was originally intending to make something else when I purchased my head of cabbage, but was so happy that I made this instead! This was easy, taking just under 30 minutes to make and was very delicious and super low carb. I used ground turkey in this recipe to make it even healthier. You could also use ground chicken, pork or, of course, beef.
I’d love to hear from you if you make this. You can tag me on social media so I can see your pictures!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 medium celery sticks
- ½ small yellow onion
- ¼ small head of cabbage
- salt and pepper
- small amount of olive oil
- In a skillet with high sides, heat your olive oil over medium high heat. Brown your ground beef until fully cooked and medium brown color.
- Add your tomato paste, chicken broth and chopped veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated and you have more of a thick sauce consistency.
- Slice your cabbage in rounds, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve your meat over your cabbage and enjoy!