I watch a LOT of Youtube. We don’t have cable so any time I’m bored, I watch the Tube. I love this because not only am I entertained, but I am also learning new things. I love learning new techniques and in turn getting new ideas for recipes.
I had planned to make some chicken and pasta for the hubs last week and as I was scrolling through my subscription list, I came across a one pot pasta recipe and decided to put those principles to good use.
I used my favorite chicken breast from Zaycon Fresh in this recipe. Seriously, the juiciest chicken ever. I can’t recommend it enough – and no I’m not sponsored by them (though I wish I would be! LOL)
*A little note: I used short corn pasta for this dish. Corn pasta is gluten free so this is a great alternative for anyone who has problems with gluten. It is not, however, low carb so it would not be a suitable meal for diabetics.
- 8-10 oz short pasta
- 2 cups stock, chicken or veggie would work just fine
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature (very important!)
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 can peas
- 8-10 baby carrots, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- In a skillet with high sides, add your olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Chop your chicken into 1 inch cubes and add your salt and pepper.
- Cook your chicken until browned on all sides, but not all the way cooked through. Add half of your stock and your garlic. Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Add in the remaining stock, the carrots and the pasta.
- Boil over medium high heat for about 9 minutes or so, stirring frequently so that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. The sauce will thicken as it boiled because as the pasta cooks, it will release it's starches which in turn will thicken the sauce.
- When you have about 4 minutes left on your cooking time, add in your milk.
- In a small bowl, add about 1 tbsp of the liquid to your cream cheese and mix. This tempers the cheese so that it doesn't curdle in the hot liquid.
- Once your pasta is cooked all the way through add in your peas. Serve and enjoy!