I love crust. There, I said it. Whenever there is a crust on something, I pick at it until all the crispy goodness is gone – then I venture for the filling. I wish there were a way to just make top crust though because I do not like it when crust gets soft on the bottom.
This low-carb crust turned out very well, and very crispy.
- 1/3 C almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white or 3 tbsp egg whites
- Put all of your ingredients in your food processor and pulse until all of your ingredients come together into a ball. It's almost like magic!
- When you are going to use it, roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Place it in your baking dish and place a piece of tin foil over the crust to cover. Add either dry beans or pie weights to prevent bubbling. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
*Caution: This crust is best eaten fresh. It does not refrigerate well.