For most of my life I hated peanut butter. It’s only been in the last couple of years that I can tolerate it either alone or in sweet form (I still don’t like it in savory dishes). Sometimes, when I really want cookies, these peanut butter ones save the day. They’re low carb, tasty and packed with protein.
The recipe is quite simple and I’m sure you have most if not all the ingredients in your pantry (especially if you’re a long time follower of this blog).
- 1 C natural peanut butter (almond butter will work too)
- 1 large egg
- 20 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C protein powder of choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prep your cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl combine all of your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop teaspoon sized balls onto your cookie sheet and using a fork, flatten the balls while simultaneously creating a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They should still feel soft to the touch but be a couple shades darker than when you put them in.