Pizza is a food that I love. I’ve told you my pizza stories in my pizzadilla post, so you know my affinity for the food.
I made my pizzadillas using Ole Extreme High Fiber tortillas. I love those for quesadillas, sandwich wraps and pizzadillas. I like to use Flat Out bread for flat pizza, and large wraps, etc. They’re a little thicker than the tortillas and come in flavors like Italian herb – yet they are still low carb.
Earlier this year I made a couple of “pizzas” using the Flat Out bread. I put pizza in quotes because I didn’t actually use pizza sauce for these – mostly because I forgot. They were so good though that I didn’t even miss the sauce. I wanted to share with you my creations so that you too, could try them!
Flat Out Bread Salami, Mushroom and Cheese
- 1 slice of Italian Herb Flat Out Bread
- toppings of choice
- mozzarella cheese (as much or as little as you'd like)
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. I used my toaster oven because it's easier and doesn't make the house as hot.
- Sprinkle just a little bit of olive oil on your Flat Out bread. Add your cheese and then your toppings. Add your salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Your cheese should be melted and the edges of your bread should be golden brown.
Flat Out Bread Supreme Pizza
This pizza was a “clean out the fridge” recipe and it turned out so delicious. I’m salivating right now just looking at it!
What’s your favorite pizza topping? Let me know in the comments below. I’m a sucker for olives, sausage and pepperoni!