This was my first attempt at cranberry sauce and it happened on a whim. I saw the cranberries at the grocery store and bought them. Then the next day I saw them sitting there on the counter and thought to myself “why not just try?” So that’s what I did. Sometimes if you try, you succeed. This was one of those times.
This was easy, quick and turned out great. Serve it over your turkey or on a random evening with a top sirloin or a ham steak. The world is your oyster. Do with it what you please.
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp granulated Stevia or equivalent
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- zest of ¼ lemon or orange
- In a small saucepan combine all of the above ingredients.
- Simmer over medium low to medium heat for 10 minutes or until your cranberries have started to pop and your sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve!