Since my mom and I have gone gluten free, it’s been a fun challenge to develop new recipes that are as delicious as they are healthy.
I got my hands on a giant container of oats, which are naturally gluten free. I decided that since oatmeal raisin cookies are one of my family’s favorites that I’d give them a try in a gluten free way.
Guess what? They were delicious! I took them for Mother’s Day dinner as a surprise for my mom and she loved them. I call them “breakfast” cookies because they have a bit of a breakfast bar texture, but of course, are suitable for any time of the day.
- 1 1/2 C Oat Flour
- 1 C rolled or quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C brown Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 mini boxes of raisins
- In your food processor, blend about 3 cups of oats until ground into a fine powder. Measure 1 1/2 Cups from this.
- In a large bowl mix together your wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in your oat flour, salt, baking powder and oats. Mix to combine. Add in your raisins.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. After 30 minutes, scoop tablespoon size cookies on to your cookie sheet. These will not spread, so you do not need to space them very far apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden around the edges.