Organizing is a hobby of mine. I like things to have a place and a purpose and to be nice and neat. I also really hate wasted food. There are often things in the pantry that I purchased for my husband that he since forgot about or got bored of. So what do I do? I re-purpose.
This time there was a bunch of dried fruit snacks that no one was going to eat as is along with one lone packet of banana and cream instant oatmeal.
I reached for my new go-to loaf recipe and went to town. This turned out delightful according to my husband and my mom. They all asked for more. I’ve made various versions of this bread with other leftovers around the house. I took those loafs to work and my co-workers begged for more! One person even asked for her own loaf!
This one is definitely a winner folks!
- 2 eggs
- 110 grams flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 grams sugar
- 1 stick of butter or 1/2 C of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pouch of banana and cream oatmeal (optional - can use any kind)
- 1/2 C dried fruit
- 2 tbsp milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together your sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add in your flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined but do not over stir. Add in your milk and stir. Add in your oatmeal and dried fruit. Stir.
- Transfer your batter to your loaf pan and bake for 29-32 minutes.