So, I made this soup on a whim using ingredients that I had on hand. I love when recipes come together like this. It makes my heart happy. And you guys, it was SOOOO good. Like so, so good. You need to try this.
I’ve typed up a recipe for you, but honestly soups are so easy that you can just whatever you have on hand and customize it to your liking. Don’t have chorizo? Leave it out. Don’t like olives. No problem. Just do what you prefer and you’ll always have a delicious meal!
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 3 links of Spanish chorizo, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium celery stocks'
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 beef bullions + 4 -5 C water (if you have bone broth, use that instead)
- 10 green olives
- 1 can of organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 large handfuls of stemmed kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop your veggies - onion, celery, garlic, and carrots. Sautee in a little bit of olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Cut up your chorizo.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your crock pot except for the kale.
- Once the veggies are translucent, add them to your crock pot as well.
- Put your crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. About 15 minutes before the soup is done, add in your kale. Allow to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!