My local grocery store often has sales on meat. I stock up when these sales happen because I like to have a full freezer. One of their more popular sales is Buy 1 baby back rib and get 2 free. How could I pass that up?
I’ve always enjoyed ribs when dining out, but had never really made them myself when I bought my first deal. My mom told me to make them in the oven. I just don’t have the time or patience for that. I decided there had to be a better way.
I took to Pinterest knowing that there would be another option. I found a lady that makes them in the crock pot and I decided I would give it a try. I have been making them this way now for over a year and they are delicious every time.
Making ribs in the crock pot yields super tender and flavorful ribs that are pretty much irresistible.
Give it a try, you’ll never go back to the oven.
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 2-3 tablespoons of barbeque sauce of your choice (we like Sweet Baby Rays)
- All purpose seasoning
- Get your crock pot ready.
- Put your ribs in with the fatty part against the outside wall of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle your all purpose seasoning over top (side) of the ribs. Be generous as most of it will be lost during the cooking process. Drizzle your barbeque sauce over top (side) of your ribs. You do not need to spread this about, It will distribute while cooking.
- Put the lid on your crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Happy Cooking!