Welcome to Day 6 of my 30 Days of Chicken adventure. I am so excited to bring you this slaw that I made a couple of weeks ago. It was beyond delicious and beyond easy to put together. I was pleasantly surprised with myself. You know who else was surprised? The hubs. He looked at it and made a face, then took a bit and said “wow this is really good!” Yea, I know!
My tip to this recipe is to buy your cabbage pre-sliced. I bought one pound of cabbage for $1.50 and only used half of it for this recipe – that we ate from for dinner and then lunch the next day.
Want to see the other 5 days of chicken? Check them out here:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 lb red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5-6 oz broccoli
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cumin to taste
- Cook your chicken breast using your preferred method.
- In a large bowl combine your veggies and seasonings.
- After your chicken is cooked and cooled, place in a food processor or blender and pulse until it's the desired size. Add to your bowl of veggies.
- Add in your mayonnaise, one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired creaminess.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is even better refrigerated and enjoyed the next day.