When I get on a Mexican kick, it’s pretty much all I want to eat for a week!
This crock pot chicken recipe is one of my favorites. In fact, I’ve made it multiple times, and it was gone so quickly that I didn’t have a chance to photograph it!
I always keep individual bags of veggie chips in the house because sometimes I need a little crunch. This time I had the bright idea to make myself some low carb chicken nachos.
I included some Tostitos cheese and my sauteed red peppers and let me tell you, I was licking my fingers afterward! Deeeeelicious!
- For the Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 tbsp salsa of choice
- salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Place in your crock pot and add your chicken bouillon and salsa.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, shred and mix with any juices that have pooled at the bottom.
- Serve over veggie chips or on a crisp salad.