BLT’s have always been a staple in my diet. They’re easy, cheap, quick and filling. Plus, who doesn’t like bacon? I know I adore it. Since I had some low carb Flat Out bread, I decided to make a Chicken BLT flat bread salad. It turned out really well and even my husband was happy to eat it.
- 2 small heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 Flat Out Flat breads
- 5 - 6 strips of bacon
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- Cook your chicken thighs using your preferred method.
- Chop your lettuce, tomatoes- set aside.
- In a sautee pan, cook your bacon for about 10 minutes, until crispy. You do not need to add anything to the pan, as bacon will render it's own fat.
- In your oven, toast your flat out bread for 10 minutes at 350. Keep an eye on it.
This recipe is low carb, diabetic friendly and if you omit the flat bread it is also gluten free.