One day, I was sitting around, watching cooking videos on youtube when I came across a video for stuffed peppers. I thought to myself “I wonder what else I can stuff in a pepper?”
That’s when I thought – hmmm I can make a loaded cauliflower mashed stuffed pepper. So I did. I made that pepper and I made that cauliflower mashed and I stuffed one inside the other and it was delicious.
Sometimes you just have to think outside the pepper.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut your pepper in half length-wise being careful not to remove the stem. Scoop out the seeds and place the pepper in your boiling water.
- In another pot bring some more water to a boil. Add in your chopped cauliflower and let boil over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place two slices of turkey bacon on a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 3 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove your peppers from the boiling water and place on a baking sheet.
- Once your cauliflower is fork tender, strain and return to the pot. Add in your butter and using either a potato masher or an immersion blender, mash your cauliflower until smooth.
- Scoop to fill your peppers. Add one strip of bacon over top of the cauliflower and top each with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until all the cheese has melted.
- Note: You can add sour cream, green onions or anything else you might put on a loaded baked potato.