After I made the low carb apple pie filling the other day, I decided I wanted more, but didn’t have any apples left. I did, however, have a bunch of peaches in the freezer from the time I made my Caramelized Peach and Oatmeal Gooey Cookie. I decided those would be perfect for the low carb filling sauce. I also still had a bunch of egg roll wrappers that I still needed to use and thus the peach egg roll cup was born.
I will say, I was pretty proud of these. They were easy to make and tasted so good. Even the hubby gave it a thumbs up.
The recipe is almost the same as the apples, with the exception of water – mostly because I forgot to add it. It worked out for the best though because the sauce was thicker, which I felt worked better for these cups.
- 3 medium size peaches, peeled and cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup granulated stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconute flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- wonton wrappers
- Slice your peaches into bite sized pieces (if they were froze, defrost the first).
- In a medium saucepan, heat your butter and coconut flour over medium heat. Add in your peaches and stir until coated with the butter/flour mixture.
- Add in your lemon juice, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and stir. Let simmer over low heat until your sauce thickens.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your cupcake tin with non-stick spray. Spray your egg roll wrappers with butter spray and carefully place them in the cupcake tin. Fill about ⅔ of the way with your peach mixture (about 2 tablespoons) and bake for 8-10 minutes, until your wrapper is golden and crunchy.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes and serve with either a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of sugar free ice cream.