Eggs fly in our house. I buy two dozen every Friday and they’re usually gone by the following Friday. We just love eggs and their amazing versatility. They can pretty much become anything you want them to be. On this day, I really wanted a caprese pizza, but my sugar was higher than I would have liked so I decided on a caprese Frittata instead – and I sure am glad! It was so filling and delicious and really hit the spot. I added some bacon for good measure because who says no to bacon?
- 4 eggs or equivalent in egg whites
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 large tomato
- fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices of bacon (turkey bacon will work great too!)
- butter or olive oil or if you are daring - bacon fat
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Slice your tomato and mozzarella and cook your bacon using your preferred method (I like to make it in the microwave).
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and add your milk. Beat again. Add in your salt and pepper.
- Place an oven proof skillet on the stove with some butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Once your skillet is to temperature pour in your egg mixture. Pull away from the sides, letting your cooked egg parts move to the center and the uncooked run to replace the space where the cooked was.
- Once your eggs are 50% of the way cooked, add your toppings and place the skillet in the oven (remember to turn off the stove!).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remember your pan will be hot so use an oven mitt to remove.