Now that March is coming up, cabbage is going to be everywhere.
This recipe was born because I had some cabbage left over in the fridge and my mom mentioned that I should just make some soup. I had never done it before so I kind of winged it and this was born.
I took it to work for lunch one day and so many people came up to me and said “that smells good!”
The funny part is that it is so easy!
- 1/2 head small cabbage, thinly slice
- Beef stock to cover all the cabbage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop your veggies and set aside.
- In your stock pot, sautee your onions in olive oil and then add your cabbage and garlic. Sautee for 1 minute and then add your stock and miso paste. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 30 minutes to one hour.