When I ordered my forty pounds of chicken from Zaycon Fresh I started making a list of recipes that I wanted to try and this one was near the top. I also thought it was a great one to bring you this month because the month’s Wonders Of food is tomatoes!
My husband was thoroughly impressed when I made this last week for dinner. He thought it was delicious and so did I. It’s so ridiculously easy that it’s almost not worth typing up a whole recipe for it – but I will because I love you guys.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- basil to taste (either fresh or dried)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- Start by cutting your breast into whatever shape you want. Mine was very large so I butterflied it and then cut that in half again. Season each side with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in your skillet over medium-high heat and once it's to temperature, place your chicken in your skillet. It will need to cook between 5-7 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your pieces.
- In the meantime, sanitize your work space and get to work on your bruschetta. Quarter your tomatoes and chop your onion. Place in a bowl and add in your vinegar and basil (fresh is the best, but I only had dried when I made this). Stir to make sure everything is well mixed. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once your chicken is done cooking, remove from the heat and allow to rest on your plate before spreading your bruschetta mixture over top.