Broccoli and cheese go together like rama lama lama ke ding a de dinga dong. Everyone knows this. When I was thinking of recipes to make with broccoli, I thought to myself “if cheese and broccoli go so well together then why not make a broccoli quesadilla?” Do you know what? It was delicious!
I was a bit skeptical at first, but the end result was something beyond great. It was healthy, lean and filling. I added some red peppers to the mix for extra flavor and a pop of color but you can use whatever color you want or omit them all together.
Do not shy away from this recipe. It is a winner!
- 1 tortilla of your choosing (I used Flat Out Light Italian Herb)
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces broccoli, chopped
- 2 ounces red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper or seasonings of your choice
- Chop your broccoli and red pepper and lightly sautee in olive oil over medium high heat. You want to just take the raw edge off and soften the veggies a bit. Season with salt and pepper or seasoning of choice (garlic and onion powder and cumin would work well here too!)
- In a dry pan, add a little bit of olive oil (or you can use coconut oil or butter as well) and place your tortilla over medium heat. Place half your cheese on one side of the tortilla. Add your veggies and the remainder of your cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!