I have my standard bagel recipe that I’ve been making every weekend for well over a month now. I love the recipe and I love how easy it is to adjust the recipe to get different flavor profiles.
This week, I decided to stick to the month’s food – broccoli and made some savory bagels. I have to tell you, they are my new favorite!
These are delicious, savory and complex. They pair great with butter, cream cheese or just plain.
I highly suggest giving these a try. The best part? These have NO carbs! You read that right my friend. Plus you get some extra veggies in. How awesome is that?
- 1 ounce leftover broccoli (pan seared, oven roasted - any cooked broccoli will work)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese - I used reduced fat, but you can use whichever you prefer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 drops liquid stevia
- 3/4 C unflavored protein powder (I used Quest All Purpose protein powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degree and grease your doughnut pan.
- Grate your cheese and dice your broccoli as small as you can manage.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix well. Add in your broccoli until mixed through.
- Using your preferred method, place your dough into your molds. I use a ziplock bag as a piping bag and find it to be so much easier than trying to scoop the batter in the with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. The cheese should be melted and golden and the tops of the bagels should spring back when touched.