This month has been fantastic. I LOVE broccoli and it’s been so easy to come up with recipes using the vegetable.
This particular dish came completely from leftovers. I packed this for lunch after I made my broccoli quesadillas and had a little bit of left over broccoli/red pepper mixture. I also had some leftover lettuce, barley and beans. That was it – this super easy leftover salad was born. I added some tuna for protein and it was delicious! My friend even asked to see what I was eating up close because it looked so good.
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a dozen times – you need to use what you have. Get creative with leftovers and don’t be afraid to experiment. I got a super healthy and low carb lunch with minimal effort planning.
- 4 oz shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 C beans of choice
- 1/4 C barley
- 1 can of tuna in water
- 2 oz broccoli/red pepper mixture
- salt and pepper
- In a resealable container, place all of your veggies and barley.
- Open a can of tuna and rain well. Place tuna in your container with your veggies.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lid on container and shake well.