My 30 Days of Chicken using Zaycon Fesh chicken breasts continues with day 5. This meal was super easy to put together, incredibly healthy and packed with nutrients. I’m still really in love with this chicken and can’t believe how juicy it turns out every time- no matter what method I use to cook it.
I saw broccoli at the grocery store last week and just knew I was going to make this. I love the taste of broccoli and it’s just so great for your body.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 C Tostitos Queso Blanco
- 1/3 C Mexican blend low-fat cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 1 head broccoli
- olive oil
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper and cumin. Place in a pot filled 3/4 of the way with water. Boil over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once your chicken is done, let it sit until cool enough to handle. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop your broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred your chicken breast with two forks and season with more salt and pepper and juice from half of a lime. Once your broccoli is roasted, remove from oven and pour your tostito's cheese evenly over the broccoli.
- Place your seasoned, shredded chicken over the cheesy broccoli and then layer your Mexican blend cheese over your chicken.
- Place in the oven for another 10 minutes or until your cheese is to your desired meltiness (yes that's a word).